Pilot Guides - Russia
Code : 2828027003297
Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than fifteen million square kilometres and spanning eleven time zones. Since the collapse of communism, Russia has become an increasingly popular destination.
Traveler Ian Wright begins his journey in the capital Moscow, home of the Kremlin, and seat of the Russian government. He then takes the train to Torzhok and historic St Petersburg, before flying to the Arctic Circle and the port of Murmansk.
Along The Way...
* Shop at the Izmayloysky Sunday Market, a great place for eccentric Russian souvenirs.
* Check out Moscow's impressive metro system.
* Get a thrill at Star City, home of the Russian space program.
* Visit the beautiful St Petersburg and its Venice style canals along the Neva river.
* Admire the fabulous Winter Place, former home of the Tsars, and the Hermitage, one of the world's greatest museums.
* Attend the Festival of the North, In Murmansk, and take part in celebrations marking the end of the winter.